Pages

Friday 23 April 2010

A book, a beer, a walk and a windmill

Layout 1 WW Label 4 

FANCY a stroll along the Wherryman’s Way with a pint of Wherryman’s Way IPA and a good book to read? Funnily enough, I know just the place. After five years, this book of mine is finally getting launched ..with the help of the Humpty Dumpty Brewery and the Friends of Hardley Windmill. Hardley Mill is the venue – I think it’s a suitably windswept, isolated place for a walk that celebrates the wild and the wet. The recently-restored mill will be open for the afternoon just for us. I’ll be signing copies of my book (£14.99, £3 goes to the Friends) and Humpty Dumpty will  launch their new beer from an open-air bar. (The word is that it’s pretty strong, so there’ll be another “session beer” on sale as well.) All that plus free tea, coffee and cakes.

* See the right hand panel for all the other bits. I recommend the half-hour walk from Hardley Staithe.

No comments:

Post a Comment